If you have not previously tried golf or have only whacked a few balls on the range, then here’s 10 reasons why you really should take up the sport.
- Golf can help lead to a healthy lifestyle. Walking 18 holes carrying your clubs can burn up to 1442 calories for the average male.
- You will make some life long friends on the golf course. Golfers are very social and you’ll make some true friends.
- A game of golf followed by a few beers with friends is one of life’s great things. The beers will likely negate the calories burned out on the course, but they’re worth it!
- Golf is a great sport to help improve your hand/eye co-ordination.
- Golf is a sport for life, you are never too old to golf!
- It’s a great family sport, where everyone can take part and play together.
- It’s a great sport if you like to wind up your friends. The banter between golfing buddies can be fierce!
- You get to enjoy the great outdoors and all that it brings (mainly rain here in Scotland!)
- The Golf Course can become your ‘Third Place’. We all need somewhere that we can relax and spend time away from the stresses of life.
- Contrary to popular belief, golfers can be cool!
Taking up golf could be the best thing you ever do…